Tuesday, June 8, 2010

PEP TALK

I read through a book of quotes and looked up some verses for myself today. I'm guessing there's something in the mix that will encourage someone else, so I'm posting some of the things that jumped out at me.


Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
~ Sir Winston Churchill

Psalm 126:5-6 Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.

Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

The roots grow deep when the wind is strong.

Isaiah 40:11 He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
~ Will Rogers

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Sometimes the Lord calms the storm, sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
~ James Baldwin

Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 24:3 By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established.

The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep.
~ E. Joseph Cossman

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~ Walter Elliot

Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Without struggle there can be no progress.
~ Fredrick Douglas

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. All men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another."

Keep your chin up. It helps you keep your mouth shut.

James 1:19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.

Life by the mile is a trial. Life by the yard is hard. Life by the inch is a cinch.

James 1:5-6 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubt is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

It takes no more time to see the good side of life than it takes to see the bad.
~ Jimmy Buffett

I John 4:9 We love because he first loved us.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.

I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.
~ Mother Theresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My two favorites are the Will Rogers one and Walter Elliot - nice quotes