Yesterday was our anniversary. The plan was to do a part of Silas' birthday week, a part that involved leaving the house, in the morning, then Tim and I were going on a date in the evening. I had freebie birthday coupons that expired today, so the timing was perfect for an inexpensive anniversary date.
The reality was that Silas got a fever and cough. So we did a different part of birthday week, stayed in jammies all day, tackled our pig sty of a bedroom (it's still not done), and had Papa Murphy's for dinner.
The plan for today was to go to church as a family, take naps, go a on family date to Cold Stone tonight, then do another part of birthday week at home. Three of us have freebie birthday coupons at Cold Stone and we have a gift card to use for the other two, so it would have been a fun Father's Day outing.
The reality is that Silas is still sick, so I had to skip church with him. Tim is on parking duty this month and wasn't able to take the other two kids, so they stayed home too. Naomi ended up with a bit of a cough, so it's good she ended up at home. We can't do a family ice cream trip and the coupons for Devon and I expire today, so he and I will go alone and run a couple errands while we're out. My other birthday freebie, a burger at Red Robin, also expired today. So, everyone else went down for naps and I took off. I did my drugstore bargains, picked up a couple movies at the library, then went to Red Robin alone. Other than a little visiting with a family from church who showed up, I spent my time eating a delicious burger and fries, drinking a fantastic limeade (I always drink water, so this was an indulgent splurge), and reading magazines that I'd brought. We'll still do the birthday week thing as a family tonight.
Birthdays, an anniversary, Father's Day. None of them have gone as planned this week. Pretty frustrating, but life goes on.
No comments:
Post a Comment