Friday, June 11, 2010

SECRETS

A few days ago I was looking through a book of quotes I've collected for the pep talk I needed. One of the quotes I came across had nothing to do with what I need to hear on that particular day, but it's one I really like. Here it is.

The severest test of character is not so much the ability to keep a secret as it is, when the secret is finally out, to refrain from disclosing that you knew it all along. ~ Sidney J. Harris

Isn't that a good one? I've experienced "the severest test of character" a few times in the last couple months. Mature, huh? Why is it that people, generally speaking, tend to pride themselves on having the inside scoop on something? Why does that desire to gloat increase with the significance of the secret? How silly we can be!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I'm fascinated by that quote because it has always bugged me when something comes out and other people have to subtley let you know they already knew. And then I'll be tempted to say, "Well I knew too,". Why is that?!!

OT-Made the Cajun Chicken Pasta! Delish!! Made so much I took some to my neighbors for dinner and they loved it too. Only thing..Have you experimented with making the sauce a little thicker at all?