8:30 am - The whole fam heads to the store for bagels.
8:45 am - Head off for a part of Devon's birthday week. I'll do a separate post about his birthday week tomorrow, but this stop was outdoors and lasted well over an hour.
10:45 am - Pop in for at Grandma Linda's for a quick visit.
11:15 am - Head to Thriftway for a kid's safety fair they have going on. Kids earn prizes at some games, take a trolley ride around the parking lot, everyone gets a free hot dog and root beer float. See a couple girls from church with their grandparents and Silas sees a boy he knows.
12:45 pm - Time to go home. Devon and Naomi head down for naps. Tim, Silas, and I have some down time.
2:00 pm - I head to Old Navy. Get some new flip flops and find some jeans for Tim on the clearance rack. Love new clothes at thrift store prices! End up standing in line behind someone from church. Educate her on the ease of getting a sunburn.
3:00 pm - Drive to the beauty school for a five dollar haircut. Have fun chatting about money management (or lack thereof) in our culture, marriage (he's been married 20 years), canning (think I'm going to try it this summer), and various other things with the guy cutting my hair.
5:00 pm - Stop to chat with Granny for a few minutes on my way back from checking the mail.
5:30 pm - Tim serves his egg, potato, and bell pepper scramble for dinner. Tasty!
6:30 pm - The kiddos take off with Tim to buy me a birthday present. I get online to figure out tomorrow's bargains and listen to Dave Mincy. Empty house and mellow music are a great combo.
7:45 pm - Troops come home.
8:00 pm - Kids in bed, Tim starts doing some school stuff online, putter around the house.
8:30 pm - Bake 129 snickerdoodles. Devon requested some to take to his class at church tomorrow, as it will be his birthday, so I decided to make a double batch and keep some for our family. Work on this blog post and some other online stuff while cookies bake.
10:15 pm - Last batch of cookies comes out of the oven. House smells great.
10:30 pm - Hoping to be in bed with a book and asleep by 11:00.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great day! And Dave Mincy - wow - I'm adding him to my listening music!
Post a Comment