Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SCIENTIFIC STUDY

The Ws had a very serious task before them. One they didn't take lightly. Well, Naomi may have taken it lightly, but the rest of the family wasn't messing around.


Before them, on two small plates, were snickerdoodles. Each plate held samples from a different recipe. Two recipes whose taste & texture results the Ws were about to analyze.


The Ws pondered the situation. As a homeschool teacher, students, and a public school teacher, they knew the potential significance of this scientific experiment. The happiness of future snickerdoodle eaters depended on them. Would the results prove that one recipe was better than the other? Would their taste buds be accurate? What if they disagreed? How would the happiness of their family be affected? Would they let down the millions of people who were counting on the sacrificial study they were about to conduct? It was a lot to consider.


All five Ws participated in the study. It was crucial that this be a blind study. No cheating. No preconceived ideas. The three youngest Ws prepared for a sampling of one recipe.
.

Results were tallied on a very scientific chart after all family members had sampled both recipes. The votes were unanimous. This cookie was second place.

.
.
And this cookie was first place. No doubt about it.
.
.
.
The parental units thoroughly enjoyed scarfing multiple cookies after the scientific study.
.


So did the offspring.


The recipe for the second place snickerdoodle has been removed from For the Love of Grub and the recipe for the first place one has been added.

11 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

You guys crack me up!! Ha ha! I love the serious expression picture- too funny. I am so happy that all of you agreed on the same cookie because I would hate for a family feud to start... ; )

Jillian Weiss said...

Snickerdoodle lovers everywhere owe you and your family a debt of gratitude for your amazing dedication to the perfection of this cookie. So on behalf of Snickerdoodle lovers everywhere please allow me to say thank you Ws. Let us all use this as an example to not settle for good cookies when the potential for greatness may still be out there.

Lawfrog said...

Reading this was a great start to the morning. Thanks for posting, this is too funny! LOVE IT!!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Would you like to give credit where credit is due? Who... please do tell... informed you of this new found recipe of greatness????? :)

BETHANY said...

Laura - You're right. I should have mentioned your name. :)

Everyone, Laura tried the second place recipe after seeing it on my "menu" post. She said it was good, but that she had one she still liked more. I decided to try the one she suggested ... and it was the winning one in our experiment. :)

Jillian Weiss said...

Well, this is great news indeed! As I will be seeing you tomorrow Laura ;) I could really use some fresh baked snickerdoodles around 11ish tomorrow morning. It's good to know the right people. I'm glad you spoke up to make sure you would get some credit.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness- this post was hilarious!

The Moffits said...

I'd like to volunteer my services for any future scientific experiments of this particular realm of study.

Yvonne said...

When drawing your conclusions based on the data, did you consider statistical variance and deviation from the mean? As a mathematician, I would be glad to participate in any similar future experiments and to compile the statistical analysis for you.

Rebecca said...

Next time try adding 1/2tsp Cardamom!!! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! I still added cinnamon, but no nutmeg.

And, I use whole wheat flour and love that better than white!

I'll have to try your recipe next batch :)