Saturday, March 6, 2010

BROOKINGS, OREGON - PART ONE

I think I'm going to do a few posts that show you the town I lived in from eight years old through high school graduation. It's a pretty place! I've got fond memories of all these places and sad memories from a few.

The port - Here's the mouth of the Chetco River. The picture makes me wonder if my love for the colors blue and green were influenced by growing up in a coastal town.
.
.
.
Whaleshead - I lived across the highway and up a hill from this beach. We didn't have an ocean view, but I could hear the waves if I opened my window at night.
.
.
.
Lone Ranch - I think this is the windiest beach in town, but it's a pretty place to be.
.
.
.

Loeb - I spent a lot of sunny weekends up river at this park.
.
.
.

Natural Bridge - This pretty spot is a little north of town.
.
.
.
Stay tuned for more pictures, including some from one of my favorite photographers, in the next few days!

No comments: