Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BEACH BOYS, BEDDING, & THE BIBLE

Beach Boys - I recently picked up a Beach Boys Greatest Hits CD from the library and the boys love it! In addition to learning the lyrics to various surfing songs, they were amazed to learn there are actually verses to some choruses they've heard me sing. Barbara Ann and Help Me, Rhonda are complete songs!! Who knew? Naomi just thinks it's fun to dance and sing "Barbara Ann" over and over

Bedding - The fleece sheets came out of the closet this week. I think they are one of my favorite things in the world. I hate, hate, hate to be hot and under normal circumstances would detest fleece sheets. However, we keep our house cool through the winter, so the fleece sheets are fantastic. So cozy!!

Bible - We've missed the last five Wednesday night Bible studies because we've been working in with the one year olds. We're back in the sanctuary tonight though and it's perfect timing. Why? Because we're finishing the Bible. When our pastor started the church just over thirteen years ago he began teaching at John 1:1 and proceeded to teach every single verse from that point on, going through Revelation then on to Genesis. Tonight he'll finish up the book of Luke, thus ending a thirteen year trip through the Bible. Cool, huh? As a sidenote, if you're interested in listening to any of the teachings, you can order a free CD, listen online, or get a free download right here. We've been at the church since Ecclesiastes. If you go there, then what book did you start in?

6 comments:

Tammy said...

We started on 12/05/04 Sun Psalm 92:1-6. We love the teaching so much. I was also in the nursery for the last five Wednesdays and am happy to be back in the service tonight.

Meghan said...

We started going to Athey on Mother's Day '08 and Brett was in the book of Matthew.

The Boehme (pronounced Bay-me) family said...

Okay, wow - I am very impressed with the fact that the last two commenters remember the exact DATE they started attending Athey! Brad has been there since somewhere in Exodus, and when we hooked up, I joined in Deuteronomy.

As for fleece sheets - I hear ya sista! We have jersey-type ones in the master BR, which is great year round. Somehow they feel a lot more cozy than cold crisp sheets in the wintertime, yet are not too hot in the summer either. But I am SO excited about the sheets I bought for Brett's big boy bed (coming soon...after Thanksgiving). They are red/white flannel with snowflakes. They'll look SO SO cute in his red/white room, and perfect timing for a special big-boy-bed-transition-treat. I think I'm more excited than he is going to be...but oh well. Maybe I'll just sleep in there. ;)

BETHANY said...

I could figure my date out by looking at the teaching link. We moved here on 9/18/05 and started the following Sunday. I'm too lazy though. :)

The Boggs Family said...

Terry's been there since around 2000, and I started in the fall of 2004- maybe I started when we were going through Psalms?

Tammy said...

Okay, so I'm a nerd and figured this out for you.

You started coming to Athey on

Sun 09/25/05 Ecclesiastes 10:1-15 Foolish Man - Wise Man

I think that's cool because it's basically parenting 101 and fits everything I hear you talk about. Thanks for letting God use you to bless others.

:-)
Tammy