Monday, October 26, 2009

HOWDY

Feel like I haven't blogged in a while. All my posts from last week, except for the update on Denise, were all typed and post-dated last Sunday, which means I haven't blogged in over a week. I miss it!

The weekend was a whirlwind. Silas had an outing on Friday night. Saturday morning I spent four hours raking, mowing, and hauling about twenty wheelbarrow loads of leaves to the compost. Then I had a two hour commute taking Silas to a birthday party. It was actually nice to sit and chat with him the hour there and drive in silence on the ride back. Then we did a little turn and burn, heading off to a birthday party at Lee Farm. Friends, cake, candy, animals, jump houses (well, it wasn't really a house, but whatever) and doughnuts. Good times!

Sunday morning was stressful for reasons I won't elaborate on. Really rough morning. In fact, I was in a horrible mood all day long. We met Silas at church (the birthday boy's family offered to let him stay the night to spare us another two hour round trip picking him up). By the time we headed home Silas was in tears with a headache and fever. We guessed it was probably stemming from exhaustion - four nights in row of being up late and some really busy days. Some Tylenol, one nap, and an early bedtime later he was back to normal. Sunday afternoon was errands and trying to get our pig sty of a house back in order.

Today was better. I kept reciting Philippians 4:5 to myself - "Let your gentleness be evident to all." I just had to have a better attitude than I did on Sunday. No school, lots of playing. Some laundry and cooking. Tonight we had company for dinner. They entered our door as strangers and left as friends. We'll definitely hang out again. It was a good day.

And that's what I've been up to. I promise to do some posts this week that are more than documentation of my schedule. In fact, I have a bunch of freebies to get posted in the next few days. Stay tuned!!

In other news, Denise was discharged from the hospital today and will fly home on Wednesday. So awesome!

No comments: