Remember Denise? She's the one I told you about earlier in the week. Can I ask you to pray for her? The last couple updates have not been good. Here are some clips so you know some specific things to pray for.
FRIDAY NIGHT
Today was a discouraging day for her. She actually had 2 procedures done today. 5 surgeries in 4 days - wow. Very little progress was made today; in either procedure. She was under heavy sedation, and they went through her groin for the 5th procedure, because the doc wanted to try a new approach. It was not successful.
Her doctor remains upbeat and optimistic. She has more tricks up her sleeve. They will not be operating over the weekend; but will resume next week. Denise will not be discharged on Sunday as she had previously hoped; and she is pretty bummed about that.
Her pain level is not managed; and she has significant pain in her back, abdomen and groin. They are giving her dilaudid via IV for pain; but it's not sufficient. Her pain level has increased today; despite the meds.
SATURDAY MID-MORNING
Last night, her breathing became labored, oxygen levels dropped, and she was put on oxygen. For you medical types, she is not sure her what sat levels were; but I asked. She is having some issues with bleeding, and also received a blood transfusion. She is coughing a lot more - and this is getting increasingly irritating for her. She is also still spiking temps up to 102. Her pain remains unmanaged and her heart rate in increased.
She will not have another surgery until Monday; and the good news is; that means she has an unrestricted diet. She said that she is starving, and looking forward to eating.
They have discontinued to clot busting IV medication for now. There are many concerns, with the primary one being her lungs. C/T scans and chest x-rays are being done to watch for pneumonia and an embolism. She has not gotten the results from the CT scan, and the chest x-ray had not been done yet.
Her husband was able to extend his time with her, after much haggling with the airline. So, in addition to praying for Denise's health, please also pray that the airline is cooperative with other flight changes they have to make. You can also pray as they have to coordinate extended childcare, pet care, etc.
This is a kinda scary time for her, her family, and her friends. Please just keep her in your prayers. I'll post updates if there are any significant changes.
Thanks to those who have told me they're praying, asked me for updates, and joined her Facebook update page.
2 comments:
Thanks for letting me know! I can't read the updates on her FB page as I haven't been accepted yet to join the group. I really wish I could help her with her pain- I'd love to be her nurse! It pains me to know that she's in that much pain.
Thank you for the update. I'm praying for Denise. Puts my troubles in perspective.
Post a Comment