I've been craving some time alone in my own house, but that's hard to come by this time of year. Life is busy and Tim's started basketball. So, the odds of having my craving satisfied are slim to nothing.
However, Tim saved the day and my sanity last night. We were supposed to go to home group, but he took the kids and left me home. I had just over three hours of silence in my house. I turned the ringer on my phone off, shut down the computer and turned off the Christmas music. Then I wrapped some gifts. Then I took a scalding hot shower, which is the only way to take them, until I ran out of hot water. Then I put on jammies and crawled into bed. Then I read Mitch Albom's book "For One More Day.
It was glorious! A festive task, a perfect shower, and a whole book. All in silence.
Tim also did all the bedtime stuff with the kids and washed the dishes. Major "good husband" points!! I'm so thankful for the break Tim gave me!!
3 comments:
OH, wow! What a fabulous night!! I can hope for one of those sometime soon...
How wonderful, John has earned equal husband points lately, he has been SO helpful at home, so much so that I feel way guilty, but Sunday he took Taylor to church with him in the morning so I got to relax at home, take a nice long shower and listen to Brett online while doing Christmas stuff too... maybe the guys had a meeting about this. ;)
PS - Is your mascara taken yet? I was just realizing this morning that I need more! I'd love to take it off your hands. ;) Thanks Bethany!
Post a Comment