For the record, PSA stands for public service announcement. I know other people think it stands for some numbers related to prostate problems, but that's not the case when I'm using it. Okey dokey?
Anyway, here is the reason for the PSA. I have had several people tell me they've stopped allowing comments on their blog because they spend too much time looking for new ones, others who never allowed them in the first place for that reason, and others who have missed comments that were several days or weeks old.
So, here is my PSA, my act of community service that I've already given to the poor souls described above. Ready? You can have all the comments on your blog e-mailed to you. Yes, it's true. I have no idea why so many people aren't aware of this fact, but there it is in black and white. Or shades of green, since you're reading my blog. Whatever.
Here's what you need to do. Go to your dashboard, click on "settings", then on "comments". Now scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says "comment notification e-mail" and type in your e-mail address. That's it. You're done. Now all the comments from your blog will come to your inbox. Say goodbye to the time you spent searching your blog in hopes of finding out that people think you're witty, your kids are cute, or that you are stinkin' smart. The proof will be in your inbox.
7 comments:
You're so blog smart. You're the blog master. You're my blog hero. I would definitely vote for you on Blog Idol!!
Um, actually it's in blue. The backgrounds are shades of green.
Sorry, you're not the only recovering perfectionist out there. :-P
And ITA. My comment e-mails got stuck in the spam filter of our IT system, and it was driving me nuts having to scroll and check every couple of days before they fixed it.
Cara-
When I do hyperlinks I make them green. And my background is green. And my brain is brain is malfuntioning and forgot my text is blue. Thanks for thinking for me. :)
Beep-
It's nice to be someone's idol. Really.
No problem! For insignificant details related to your blog posts, I've got your back.
At least your hyperlinks stand out. I can't manage to tweak mine to the right color, and they always just blend in.
I just lookied at your blog and I think you should make your hyperlinks orange. They need to be a distinctly different color than your regular text. Orange would coordinate with your titles. :)
Well now, look at that! It's right purty like.
Done. And I agree. It works perfectly. Thanks! :-)
Looks great!! I think that you'll be fine as long as it coordinates with your background or your titles, whichever is a different color than your text.
Post a Comment