Wednesday, December 31, 2008

BOOKS I FINISHED - DECEMBER 2008

This was a good month for reading! All titles are hyperlinked for those who want to know more about the book.

For One More Day, by Mitch Albom
What would you do if you could spend one more day with someone who has died? That's what happens in this book. As is the case with Mitch Albom's books, I really enjoyed this story. His books are always short, easy reads that are unique.

Fostering Or Adopting The Troubled Child, by Janet Clayton Gatz
This book was recommended to me by someone on the Sonlight forums. We are confident that we want to adopt a child with special needs, but we don't know if those needs will be predominantly behavioral/emotional or physical. So, I've started doing some reading on the behavioral stuff, just in case. This book was straightforward and practical, which I love.

Bridge Called Hope, by Kim Meeder
I found this book at the library near the other adoption books. It's about a ranch in Oregon that adopts abused and neglected horses, then lets hurt and troubled kids help to take care of them. Neat program! This is the second book about the ranch, so I'll get the first one read next month. Ironically, the Oregonian ran an article about the ranch on Christmas day, just a week after I finished the book.

Dave Barry Is From Mars & Venus, by Dave Barry
This was a book my dad received for Christmas and I started reading it at his house. It was hilarious!! Some chapters were just all right, while others had me trying my hardest to breathe and not pee my pants. I hopped online and reserved it at the library because I wasn't going to have time to finish it at my dad's. It was waiting for me when I pulled into town and I finished it right up. Funny! We also checked out the CD so that Tim can listen to it on the drive to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Bethany! I hope 2009 is a wonderful year for you and your beautiful family.

perkyguy said...

I am working my way through the Dave Barry book. His high school essay on the Monroe Doctrine and his skit about the pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock where overwhelming!