Friday, October 17, 2008

R - R - R - R - R - R

Dad, I tried to do a single, lower case "r" but the keyboard wouldn't let me.

Rebates - Oh. My. Word. You are not going to believe what I scored on Sunday. Rite Aid was having a phenomenal sale this week! If you go here you can check out the ad page with all the deals. It's the west coast flyer, so if you live somewhere else then just punch in your zip code. I'm guessing it's the same nationwide, but better safe than sorry. The sale is going on through tomorrow, so head to your store and see if anything is left. A few of the things below were from Walgreens, but most were from Rite Aid. After sales, coupons, and rebates (which I won't get sent to me til next month) I will have paid .... well, I'll let you look at this and guess what the original price was and what my final price will be. Then I'll give the answer in the comment section in a couple days. This picture does not include one box of cold medicine and one cold sore medication that I already gave away.



Recipes - As you know, I recently started a blog for my recipe file. While I may be good at collecting recipes, I am totally incapable of creating them myself. So I gather them from other places. I find a lot at Allrecipes. One of the features I like about that site is that you can do an ingredient search, with up to four ingredients you do want and four that you don't. The reviews from other readers are also helpful. The other place I get the bulk of my recipes from is the Sonlight forums. The vast majority of the people there are using Sonlight curriculum and get forum access for free, but anyone can pay for a forum membership. Kelly is one of my forum friends and she also just started her own recipe blog. She always has great recipes and I've put her recipe blog in my blog reader. Where do you find recipes you love? Give me some links in the comment section!!

Recreation - Why pay for gymnastics classes and memberships at various "move your body" places for young kids when you can do it all for free at home? Just click on the "play" button.





4 comments:

Jacki R. said...

I kept waiting for Naomi to do a somersault onto the mattress!

perkyguy said...

I think I'll stay in shape using Naomi's method of exercise rather than using Silas' or Devon's methods.

The Moffits said...

Nothing more comforting than finishing up a work out with a good thumb sucking!!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the link, Bethany.

I also get recipes from Allrecipe and SL and your recipe blog :)

I really love the Reiman magazine publications. Taste of Home and Light and Tasty, which they've renamed and I cannot remember what it is called now. But they are bi-monthly publications. I love that I can flip through and find new, seasonal things. I have TOH since the fall of 95! It's fun to look back and remake favorites.