Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'M IN LOVE

Tim and I have always talked about fostering or adopting through the foster system "some day". So, periodically I look through an adoption exchange site, which is filled with pics and bios on older kids (non-babies) who need homes.

Well, I just found the cutest little girl! Oh my! And here's what's interesting. You know how the boys were both born in my birthday month, with Devon and I sharing a b-day? And you know how Naomi shares a birthday with Tim? Well, this sweet little girl was also born in Tim's birthday month! And there's a two year spread between her and the Nomes, just like the two year spread between the boys. I'd have two sets of same gendered kids, born in the same month, with a two year spread!

Is it a sign?

She just got listed this month too. Oh man, she's cute! Off to get some info. Like, how in the world we would pay for an adoption.

Even if nothing happens with this little girl, maybe my interest in her will be the kick in the pants I need to pursue this stuff more seriously.

5 comments:

Mama in Uganda said...

That is awesome! I will be praying for you guys. I know that there is a lot of assistance for -low income families that want to adopt/foster. Do a google seach. Some of the grants require an application and essay--which you would have no problem with :) We are so blessed by being in a country that demands very little money for adoption (we pay $500). The biggest expense will be when it comes time for declaring them US citizens (about $700). However, even these amounts are quite a bit for us--but God is faithful as He loves the orphan and fatherless even more than we do! Every time we have brought a child into our home the Lord has provided, without us ever asking anyone but HIM!

Leslie said...

That's awesome, Bethany! Keep us updated...

Hook House said...

How neat! :o) I kept smiling bigger and bigger as I read on. Keep us posted if the Lord decides to move you in the direction of adoption. Antioch Bible Church in WA has an adoption program. Pastor Hutch is trying to make adoption free in the US, starting with WA. If you are interested, email me. :o)

The Moffits said...

Two things God has taught me this year:
1. We don't need a sign about things like this. All we need to ask is does it follow the new commandment? And adopting always falls under 'love the Lord your God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself'.
2. Taking care of orphans and widows is always the right thing to do.

Mama in Uganda said...

Amen to the Moffits comment. As for the comment you left on my blog--I wrote another post to address those things which you spoke. Sorry for being misunderstood.