Today is our 21st anniversary, so we headed out for dinner with a gift certificate put toward the cause. But first, a picture.
Then a picnic at Mike's Drive-In. I ate a burger without any problems last week, but I couldn't bite into this one without my teeth throbbing. This was a bit of a crisis because I was ravenous. Sometimes love looks like a husband walking back into a restaurant to get a plastic knife for his wife to cut her burger with.
I've never cut a burger into baby bites before, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Thankfully, our ice cream options didn't hurt our teeth at all. Bonus points for the fact that taking straw pictures hides the fact that I have a ridiculously awkward smile these days, which meant we could delete all the horrible pictures we took before this one.
I'm thankful for a simple celebration - perfect weather for an outdoor dinner, food we didn't have to cook. time to chat about life and marriage on the drive and through the meal, and a walk through the neighborhood, including a stop to visit with a new neighbor and his friend.



No comments:
Post a Comment