An inferiority complex is just as dangerous as a superiority complex - both involve preoccupation with self. In essence, that is the definition of pride.
~ Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life quoted in At the Feet of Jesus: Daily Devotions to Nurture a Mary Heart, both written by Joanna Weaver
********
A teacher is two jobs. Fill young minds with knowledge, yes. But more important, give those minds a compass so that knowledge doesn't go to waste.
~ Olympia Dukakis as Principal Jacobs in Mr. Holland's Opus
********
If I'm growing spiritually, that means I'm becoming more bothered by my offenses than I am by yours.
~ Scott Sauls as seen on Great Homeschool Conventions' Facebook page
********
Whenever you're faced with a difficult decision, flip a coin. It answers your question, not because it tells you what to do, but because in the brief moment the coin is in the air, you know exactly what you want.
Faraz Raiput commenting on a photo on Humans of New York
********
"Advice is autobiography," he added. "I only say what worked for me, and then others can choose to try it or not."
~ Why Self-Help Guru James Altucher Only Owns 15 Things, written by Alex Williams in The New York Times
********
** This post contains affiliate links and we're grateful when people use them. **
No comments:
Post a Comment