* chewy brown sugar cookies - All 6 Ws and the couple we shared some of these with thought they were delicious.
* spicy cilantro peanut slaw - I was looking for a new way to use cabbage and found this recipe, which I loved.
* pear butter - We were given a bunch of pears and we were out of jam, so I made a spontaneous batch of this. We've enjoyed it on pb&j sandwiches, mixed in oats (with or without peanut butter), and spread on toasted English muffins.
ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I'll make a batch of cashew cream and freeze it in an ice cube tray.
* I'll make peanut butter and crockpot beans, just like I do once or twice every week.
BREAKFASTS
* egg & potato scramble
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5
* green salad with do-it-all chicken (raw in marinade from the freezer, crockpot)/whole wheat biscuits
* sweet potato chipotle nachos (sweet potato base from the freezer)
* kale & feta casserole/rice
* lentils & rice
* potato & cabbage soup/honey oatmeal wheat bread
* tacos - seasoned meat from the freezer, crockpot beans, and some other toppings served in a tortilla or bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
* pumpkin muffins
* produce
* Crunchy Flax cereal (We've scored a few cases of 12 for $4.99 at a local discount store over the last few months, so we've been using it as a snack. We either eat it with milk as a cold cereal, over yogurt with fruit, or mixed into homemade granola.)
* popcorn with seasoned salt (kernels from the WinCo bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post. )
** This post contains affiliate links and we're grateful when people use them. **
No comments:
Post a Comment