* roasted cabbage with garlic - We sometimes have roasted cabbage with lemon, but I liked this version too. I should probably try roasting some with both lemon and garlic at some point, like this roasted cauliflower. That would be tasty!
* creamy butternut pasta - I bought some butternut with the intention of finding a new way to use it and this is the recipe I chose. Pureed butternut, noodles, and a bunch of seasonings.
* blueberry oatmeal cakes - These were a fun twist to the regular oatmeal we have several times a week and were like hand-held servings of baked oatmeal.
ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I'll make peanut butter and crockpot beans, just like I do once or twice every week.
BREAKFASTS
* scrambled eggs/English muffins
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5
* sesame honey chicken (crockpot, raw in marinade from the freezer)/rice/peas & corn (This got skipped last week because Tim cooked up some salmon from a friend.)
* sweet potato & chipotle soup (from the freezer)/toast
* lentils & rice (This got skipped last week because we had an unplanned dinner with friends, though we have it about once a week anyway.)
* upside down pizza/mandarin salad
* egg salad sandwiches/apples
* tacos - seasoned meat from the freezer, crockpot beans, and some other toppings served in a tortilla or bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
* Crunchy Flax cereal (We've scored a few cases of 12 for $4.99 at a local discount store over the last few months, so we've been using it as a snack. We either eat it with milk as a cold cereal, over yogurt with fruit, or mixed into homemade granola.)
* produce
* popcorn with seasoned salt (kernels from the Winco bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post. )
(This post contains affiliate links.)
No comments:
Post a Comment