Life is too short and there are too many real tragedies in life to be offended by a friendly cliche from a stranger!
~ Mandi Ehman in Why, yes, we DO have our hands full! at Life Your Way
********
I don't pick my friends based on whether they do things like I do but whether I like them as actual people.
~ Hannah in Clean and Dirty at Praying With One Eye Open
********
I propose that pride and shame go hand in hand. If we do not let our children feel their failures in a personal way, if we continually shield them from it, then we keep them from feeling the personal responsibility they bear. How then will they recognize the personal responsibility they also have in their successes? How can they feel pride in what they have done, if there is no connection between actions and consequences? Give them the gift of personal responsibility, so that they will feel the exhilaration of making something of themselves, of self motivation, of living on this earth with a purpose and a goal.
~ Sammy Lackner
********
Our results will not change until our habits change.
~ The Mighty Macs
********
Rejection is a part of life, and the key is to honor his disappointment without overindulging it.
~ Elizabeth Lombardo, Ph.D in The Good Kid Project: Dealing with Rejection, Better Homes and Gardens - March 2015
********
** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **
No comments:
Post a Comment