ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* Taco Tuesday was a low-effort meal and we had some sweet potatoes to use up, so I decided to use the extra time to prep some meals for later. I made one batch of sweet potato & chipotle soup and a quadruple batch (which works as a double batch for us, even though we could easily eat a quadruple batch) of the sweet potato part of chipotle sweet potato nachos.
* I mentioned last week that I was picking up 80 lbs. of Zaycon chicken. I froze 44 pounds in 3-ish lb. increments without doing anything to it and you can see the five different ways I prepared the remaining 36 lbs. before popping them in the freezer in this post from over the weekend.
* I'll make peanut butter and crockpot beans, just like I do once or twice every week.
BREAKFASTS
* new recipe/fruit, yogurt, & spinach smoothies
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5
* carrot soup/cheesy muffins
* sesame honey chicken (crockpot, raw in marinade from the freezer)/rice/peas & corn
* lentils & rice
* new recipe/asparagus with lemon cheese sauce
* Greek chicken (raw in herbs from the freezer)/rice/roasted cabbage (skipped last week because my dad treated us to dinner)
* tacos - seasoned meat, crockpot beans from the freezer, and some other toppings served in a tortilla, bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* brownies from a boxed mix with chopped up Three Musketeers from our harvest festival freezer stash mixed in or sprinkled on top
* Crunchy Flax cereal (We scored a case of 12 for $4.99 at a local discount store, so we've been using it as a snack.)
* produce
* popcorn with seasoned salt (kernels from the Winco bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post. )
(This post contains affiliate links.)
No comments:
Post a Comment