Wednesday, January 14, 2015

GOOD MORNING, SUNSHINE!


This gorgeous view is how I started my day. It was taken from the top of a parking garage at 7:30 this morning as I headed into the courthouse for jury duty.

Out of the fourteen prospective jurors that made it into the courtroom, I was not one of the six that was selected for the trial and was heading home by 11:00. One of these days I'll get to serve on a jury! However, I got to see a beautiful sunrise, got caught up on grading math in the jury waiting room, read for a while, got to experience part of a courtroom scene, chatted with someone who I'd love for Tim to have as a boss, had a friend text to check in on the little Ws who were home alone, and came home to four happy kids enjoying lunch together. Now we're all headed outside to enjoy the sunshine before nappers nap, non-nappers have down time, runners run, and I bake tonight's post-Bible study dessert.

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Nice picture!

I've never been called to jury duty! I think it would be very cool.

Bethany said...

It's weird how some people get called regularly and others not at all, isn't it?