Thursday, January 1, 2015

MENU: 1/1/15 - 1/7/15

I've got a yummy dessert recipe before I give you our new menu.

* pumpkin ice cream pie with salted caramel & gingerbread crust - Another hit recipe from Tiffany at Eat at Home, which I served to family on Christmas Eve and to friends the day after Christmas when we invited them over to finish up Christmas desserts with us.

ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I'll make peanut butter and crockpot beans, just like I do once or twice every week.
* I'll cook up and freeze seasoned ground turkey for January's Taco Tuesdays.

BREAKFASTS
morning glory muffins
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x4

DINNERS
* lentils & rice
* creamy white chicken chili (I'm going to try making it in the crockpot this time.)
* mac & cheese/frozen green beans
* kale & feta casserole/rice
do-it-all chicken (raw in marinade from the freezer, crockpot)/mashed potatoes/raw carrots (we were invited to a birthday party and ended up skipping this dinner on the last menu)
* tacos - seasoned meat, crockpot beans from the freezer, and some other toppings served in a tortilla, bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers 

SNACKS & DESSERTS
* cupcakes from a kit we were given 
produce 
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post)

(This post contains affiliate links.)

No comments: