Thursday, January 29, 2015

MENU: 1/29/15 - 2/4/15

I have two awesome new recipes for you this week!

* sweet green muffins - I tore this recipe out of a magazine a few months back and finally got around to making them last week. They're as green as grass and taste like banana, a hit with the whole family when I served them alongside carrot soup.

* cranberry scones with almond cream - I love the flavor combination of cranberry and almond in Nantucket cranberry pie, so I knew this recipe had to be good. And it was. Pure deliciousness, in fact.

ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I'll make up all the taco meat for this month and pop it in the freezer.
* I'll make peanut butter and crockpot beans, just like I do once or twice every week.

BREAKFASTS
* egg, spinach, and potato scramble
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5

DINNERS
Cuban black beans and coconut rice
manicotti/sauteed cabbage with garlic and seasoned salt
* ham/mashed potatoes/frozen green beans
* Greek chicken salad (raw chicken in herbs pulled from freezer)/simple bread
* burgers/fries
* tacos - seasoned meat, crockpot beans from the freezer, and some other toppings served in a tortilla, bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers 

SNACKS & DESSERTS
* pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
produce 
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post)

(This post contains affiliate links.)

No comments: