Monday morning. I'm doing school at the table with Silas. Devon and Naomi are doing school in other parts of the house. Teebs heads to the bathroom. I hear him say "poop on the floor". I take a deep breath so that I don't become psycho mom. I glance into the bathroom. I see this.
I can't figure out why Teebs didn't make it to the toilet. I take another deep breath because I'm really irritated that I have to interrupt a great morning to deal with feces on the floor. I walk into the bathroom. I discover it's not poop, but a pile of brown prank material. I turn around. I see Devon laughing hysterically. I laugh. I tell him he got me. We all laugh. I tell him to clean it up. We finish school.
Monday evening. Tim comes home. We all chat. I pull this picture up on the computer and tell him to come take a look at what my morning was like. I walk away because I can't keep a straight face. He looks. He asks Teebs what he did in the bathroom that morning. Teebs says he didn't do anything. The rest of us are trying to contain our laughter. Tim repeats his question. Teebs repeats his answer. Tim take the computer and Teebs into the other room because he thinks the rest of us are a distraction to their conversation.. The rest of us are struggling to not laugh hysterically. Tim repeats the question and asks Teebs what's in the picture. Teebs repeats his answer and says it's poop.
I walk into the living room. The other kids walk into the living room. The truth comes out. Tim laughs. He tells Devon he fell for it. He tells Teebs he's glad he didn't poop on the bathroom floor. Everyone laughs. Devon is thrilled that he prank worked. Twice. The end.

No comments:
Post a Comment