Saturday, December 20, 2014

A DATE WITH THE MIDDLES

Devon, Naomi, and I all earned Cold Stone a couple of months ago, Devon and I for keeping a ten minute pace for three miles and Naomi for finishing the Couch-to-5K program. Unfortunately, Cold Stone left our town a while back and the closest one is about 25 minutes away. As much as I love ice cream, that's entirely too far to drive for it. We're often in the the general area, but we always have the whole fam in tow and this particular outing was intended as a reward only.

Today Silas had an event at church, so Tim stayed home with Teebs and the rest of us headed north. Silas went to his event, then Devon and Naomi went with me to Costco (hooray for lots of good samples today) and WinCo to pick up some groceries for this week's menu. It was pouring rain and we got soaked in both "it's the last Saturday before a major holiday, so everyone and their mother is at the store" jam-packed parking lots, but we finished with smiles on our faces.

Our final stop was Cold Stone, gift cards and a punch card with a freebie in hand. It was so fun to spend a chunk of time hanging out with just two little Ws! We enjoyed ice cream, chatted about all sorts of things, and snapped some pictures.

One of these kids likes to do rabbit ears on every picture, one likes to do silly faces when everyone does smiles and vice versa. That means this picture of the three of us was one of a gazillion, but the only one where everyone was smiling normally.


Their smiles look kinda fake, but I like this picture of the kids together anyway.


I'm thankful for several hours with these two and am proud of the running milestones they've reached!

No comments: