Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A TEETER TOTTER MET MY DAUGHTER

Eleven days ago I asked a random question of my Facebook friends.  What do you call the piece of playground equipment where two people sit at opposite ends of a board that moves them up and down? Teeter totter or seesaw?

This evening someone asked me how to spell teeter totter.  That person was the FNP at a local urgent care clinic who was typing up the chart notes for the little W whose head they just put three staples in after the little W injured themselves falling off a teeter totter.  

I guess I better be careful what kind of things I ask about on Facebook.  

Kidding.  The timing was funny, though.

Naomi is not the first little W to need pieces of their head put back together, but she is the first one to have staples.  Her hair was still bloody from the injury, greasy from various meds, and all tangled up, but here's a picture of her newest accessories.


Tonight I'm thankful for two of Devon's classmates, girls who were with Naomi when she got hurt, brought her to me, and got ice for her before any of us knew there was anything more than a possible bump under all that hair.  I'm thankful that the ladies I was working with at the time were understanding when I had to bail in the middle of a big project.  I'm thankful I had already asked Tim to come pick up the little Ws when he was done subbing so that I could keep working uninterrupted, which meant he walked in the door right after Naomi got hurt and was able to take the boys home while I took her to urgent care.  I'm thankful that the injury wasn't worse than a little gash.  I'm thankful that she was numbed with a topical ointment, rather than a shot.  I'm thankful that the staff were so nice and the ordeal so low-key that Naomi was able to relax to the point of almost falling asleep while she waited for her skin to get numb, especially after being pretty distraught at the idea of needing stitches.  I'm thankful we walked out of urgent care in time to ride to Bible study with the guys. I'm thankful cleaning up her head was an uneventful process tonight. I'm thankful that she doesn't sleep on the side of her head that got stapled. I'm thankful for Tylenol.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Poor girl! I hope it heals quickly & without much pain!

jani said...

I thought I was seeing glimpses of hair dye still in her hair!

Thankful with you that it was not more traumatic.
xo

Bethany said...

Jani - Oh, there's also hair dye in the picture! :)

Peewee said...

I am not sure are body piercings scriptural ?

Bethany said...

Peewee - So funny! I almost made a comment in the post about how we're on a roll with piercing her, as she just had her ears done at the end of December. :)