Saturday, February 8, 2014

2/8/14 WORTH REPEATING

********


Make today's decisions with tomorrow in mind.

Gideon, written by Priscilla Shirer (I haven't done the study, but I liked this quote when a friend posted it on Facebook)


********


They forget that it is not a present experience that ensures fruit unto maturity, but a patient continuance in well doing.  To taste the grace of God is one thing;  to be established in it and manifest it in character, habit, and regular life, is another.

~ George Goodman, quoted by Miles J. Stanford in The Complete Green Letters, on the time necessary for growth and the difference between the emotional high of an experience versus the solidity of being grounded in scriptural facts


********


Although my husband might not agree with this assessment, I really do try not to complain a lot, especially online. Not because I want to appear like I have the perfect life but because I think sometimes when we verbalize or write down the negatives, they become even bigger and harder in our hearts and minds.

~ Mandi Ehman at Life Your Way


********


Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you though you would have. It's about understanding that he is exactly the person he his supposed to be.  And that if you're lucky, he just might be the teacher who turns you into the person you are supposed to be.

The Water Giver: The Story of a Mother, Her Son, and Their Second Chance, written by Joan Ryan (I haven't read the book, but a friend shared this quote on Facebook and I liked it) 


********


Aligning my heart with God's heart results in a stillness of heart and less 'responding'. Just because self-defense feels good doesn't mean it glorifies God.

~ Belinda Moffit


********

No comments: