Sunday, December 22, 2013

TWO VISITORS

I met a family during my junior year of college that had three kids, two girls and boy.  One was five years old and the other was an infant when I met them.   I haven't seen the girls for at least eight years, possibly longer, but we keep in touch on Facebook.

Eleven days ago the younger sister sent me a message asking if she could stay at our house for a night this weekend. We, of course, said that would be fine.  It was a very brief visit, as she arrived really late last night and headed out first thing this morning, but she got to see Silas and Devon, who were one and three the last time she saw them, and meet Naomi and Teebs, who hadn't existed back then.

Four days after the younger sister wrote to me, we were at church and I saw a familiar face walking toward me.  It was the older sister, the one who doesn't even live in the state. She was in the area and had come to church with a friend.  She didn't know where we went to church, so we were all surprised to run into each other.  She spent the night with us on Wednesday and hung out through lunch on Thursday.

Posing with Kristyn, the older sister, at midnight on Wednesday.


Posing with Kasey, the younger sister, at 1:00 this morning.


It was totally random that I'd see both of them within days of each other, but so much fun!   They were in grade school and high school the last time I saw them.  Now one is a college graduate who is doing an internship for full-time ministry with Chi Alpha, the other finished high school a year early and is a college student on track to get her Masters in four years.  Time flies!

No comments: