Friday, December 13, 2013

12/13/13 WORTH REPEATING

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.

~ Kama Derksen (This may actually be attributed to someone else, but Kama is the one I heard it from first.)


********


It is clear that this flower has "lived a little". It is vibrant and colorful, yet it's rumpled petals belie the life it has lived, and while far from perfect, it is still beautiful...just like life. Just... like us. 

One might see such a flower and immediately disregard it because it is neither crisp nor fresh. But, I see beauty, much like the beauty in well used skin...beauty which has a lifetime of stories behind it . Beauty that perseveres.

Is this flower perfect? No. In fact, I rather like it that way.  

There is beauty all around, one just has to look for it and be open to appreciate it. In my mind, beauty does not equal perfect.

What imperfect thing will you choose to find beauty in today? 


~ Pamela Reynoso, shared with a picture of a flower that was past its prime and starting to droop


********


I think one of the unexpected consequences of legalism is how it drives one to yearn for freedom. Yet in freedom one finds oneself applying a structure reminiscent of that which so recently shackled.(Just thinking on Paul's letter to the Galatians today and lamenting the human condition: Praying for balance.)

~ Debbie Wescott


********


The grace filter is lifted when accountability is absent.

~ Faith Hayes

No comments: