Monday, December 16, 2013

FEELING PRETTY LOVED

12/3 - Remember the love from the SL Sisterhood that showed up on 11/26, the gift that allowed us to buy Christmas gifts for the little Ws and to send Granny a birthday calendar?  Well, a week later our mailbox held another round of love from the same circle of friends.  It was a gift that allowed the little Ws to go Christmas shopping for their family members, which they thoroughly love to do.  These ladies are so awesome!

12/9 - A friend called, but I didn't get the message until that evening.

12/10 - I called my friend back.  She said she'd gotten a box ready to ship to me last Christmas, but never actually sent it off.  It's been sitting in her closet for a year and she'd finally mailed it.  Of course, being a year old, she couldn't remember what exactly was in it or what the card said.  Ha!  She just wanted to warn me that a mystery box was arriving soon.

12/11 - The mystery box arrived and it had two Ws in it!  There was a canvas bag with a W on it and a huge (probably 13-14" tall and maybe 18" wide) Christmas W.  So fun!



12/12 - A friend, the same one who delivered all the love from the SL Sisterhood a couple weeks earlier, said she had another delivery.

12/13, part one - My friend stops by with the newest delivery, the third from that group of friends!  I couldn't believe it!!

I got my very first poinsettia and swag.




And there were a couple Ws in the bag.  You know I have to show you every W that enters my house, so here they are - a notepad and a wooden letter.


There were also a bunch of gifts for the kids, some gifts for me (more than the ones I've shown pictures of, though I'm sure pictures of the other things will come eventually), and a couple more gift cards.  Some of those gift cards gave us more than enough to buy a new blender.  We probably used our blender five days a week, but it died quite unexpectedly two or three weeks ago and we've just been making do without it.  It's not truly a need, but it was something we made very good use of ... and now there's a new one headed our way.  So thankful!

12/13, part two - The mail carrier delivered two boxes to our house in the morning.  There was no name on the return address and I had no idea who they were from.  Tim and I opened them that evening and found a ton of hand-me-downs for our kids.  We love giving and receiving hand-me-downs, so we'd have been happy going through those boxes anyway.  However, there were two things I'd recently mentioned wanting.  One was solid color, long-sleeved tees for Naomi to layer under her short-sleeved shirts, the other was gloves for Naomi.  Guess what was included in all those clothes?  You got it!  A few solid color, long-sleeved tees and three pairs of gloves for Naomi.  Just another incident of God's provision being perfect, even when it's not at all what we had in mind.

12/13, part three - We were able to deliver cookies to four different groups of people, had fun at a winter/Christmas event with our homeschool group, and got to bless someone else with an item they desperately needed and which we had sitting in the back of our closet.

As we were opening the boxes we discovered the sender's name on the original labels, which had been covered up with paper when they sent everything to us.  Who was it?   A stranger.  A friend's relative.  They had mentioned something on Facebook about getting rid of the clothes and our friend mentioned our names, gave our address, and suddenly we had two boxes of clothes at our door.  How cool is that?!

12/14 - Silas had his way paid for a church event and had a blast.

12/15 - One of Tim's friends gave him a container of homemade toffee, which made him very happy, and we got to continue our tradition of attending Portland Christian Center's amazing Christmas concert.

12/15 & 12/16 - We were given and loaned the snow pants we need for a church event that Silas and Devon will be attending soon, an event where Devon's way was paid and Silas gets to help.

I'm always afraid I'm going to forget someone/something, but those are the things I can remember right now.
We are blessed, indeed.




1 comment:

Jacki R. said...

So so so happy to read all this! Such blessings for the family!