Tuesday, December 18, 2012

TIM + BETHANY - KIDS = A FUN MORNING

Our friend Kelli recently asked if she could come hang out with the little Ws so that Tim and I could have some time alone.  Is that sweet or what?  She came over after breakfast this morning and we took off.  We had no plan in place, so we ran a couple errands, then sat in a parking lot trying to figure out how to kill some more time. 

The weather was cruddy, so hiking or doing anything else outdoors was out.  We didn't want to spend a bunch of money.   We have a gift card for a place we could have gone, but we really want to save it for a family outing.  So, Tim fired up the engine and took off down the road.  Where did he go?  Aurora.  Why?  Because I've said a few times over the years that I'd love to spend a day looking in all the antique shops there. 

We didn't have all day, but we did have the morning, so we went to one small store and three big ones.  Oh my!!!  I love, love, love browsing antique stores!  Pretty glassware and dishes don't excite me at all, but there are always so many other interesting things.  It's like a history lesson and it's so fun!  I always find a few things to covet and tons of things I think are cool, but wouldn't actually want to own.  I'm also finding that the older I get, the more things I recognize from my own childhood.  Seeing things you grew up using being sold in an antique store is a bit of a reality check, but it's still fun.

We stopped at Hwy 99E. Antique Mall, Main Street Merchantile, Aurora Mills, and South End Antique Mall before it was time to head home.  Some day I'm going to go back and look in all the rest of the stores, but that may need to wait until the summer. It was pretty chilly walking around today!

Here's a picture of Tim and I in Aurora Mills, followed by a blurry (because I want to post it now, rather than wait for natural light tomorrow) picture of two-inch piece of aluminum that Tim splurged on.  True love.



I'm thankful for Kelli's thoughtfulness in offering to watch the little Ws and her grace under fire when the morning didn't go quite as planned.  And, no, I'm not blogging about those details.  We'll just leave it at "Kelli's awesome, even when it's hard to be awesome". 

I'm thankful for Tim's thoughtfulness in picking something to do that he remembered me mentioning in the past and commemorating the occasion with a souvenir W. 

Such a fun morning!


No comments: