Friday, October 5, 2012

10/5/12 - WORTH REPEATING

*****

When I was 16, I got a purity ring.

And when I was 25, I took it off.

I didn’t tell anyone I was doing it — it wasn’t a statement or an emotional thing. I just slipped it off my finger that day and, before tucking it away in a box, ran my finger around the words on the familiar gold band.

“True Love Waits.” Waits.

What’s it “waiting” for, anyway?

:snip ... but the entire post, linked below,  is worth reading:

I just didn’t want to wait anymore – didn’t want to live like I was waiting on anyone to get here.

I already have Him … and He is everything.

~ Grace for the road


*****

Marriage isn't 50/50.  It's 40/60 yesterday and maybe 99/1 today... and then tomorrow it might be 20/80.

~ Jyn Meyer


********

It helps me so much if I’m having a rough day (or even when I just want to be extra intentional) to not view it as a long marathon of being awesome. I simply view it as a series of short sprints.

~ Kat at Family Your Way


********

Her life has been such an example of grace – making good choices without allowing them to get in the way of relationships or become rigid rules that take the joy out of food and eating – that I've learned that I can approach this journey in my own time and my own way without trying to live up to someone else's standards or avoid their critical eye. And rather than leading to a standstill, that's motivated me to move forward even more quickly.

:snip ... but it's a good post for anyone who puts thought into what they eat:

Most importantly, consider relationships with people more important than their food choices!

~ Mandi at Keeper of the Home 


********

If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings

~ "Count Your Blessings" in White Christmas


********

This fact is powerful when you catch yourself comparing your methods and outcomes with other mamas (it's a wash--don't do it). When you see the seems-like-she-does-everything pizzaz of another mom, know that she's enjoying a shining moment among many other kinds of moments, and be happy for her. And when you see a mom who might be losing her cool or maybe arranging her priorities differently than you would, assume that there are other days when things shift and she too enjoys that shining moment of everything-feels-just-right. Amen? Amen. Isn't it nice when we don't have the pressure of figuring out everyone else's life for them?

~ Kelle Hampton at Enjoying the Small Things


*****

** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **

No comments: