Sunday, December 12, 2010

LOUSY WEEK, NICE WEEKEND

Last week was hard. Really hard. Parenting was mentally & emotionally exhausting, which meant I'd stay up late to enjoy some downtime in the evenings. Of course, that meant I was also physically wiped out from inadequate sleep. Needless to say, the weekend came just in time and Tim did most of the parenting over the last two days. If we can make it through the next five days, then Tim will have two weeks off and I'm hoping things will be better by then.

Saturday morning we were able to just putter around the house in jammies, doing a whole lot of nothing. Saturday afternoon we went to a beautiful wedding. I hadn't been to a wedding in more than three years, so watching the ceremony and visiting during the reception was fun.
Sunday morning was church. The message was a good one for me to hear. Sunday afternoon I took a three hour nap. I'm not a napper, so that's a big deal.

Sunday night was a mellow Christmas program, which included the boys singing a couple songs with the grade school class, and dessert potluck at church. I actually took store-bought treats to the potluck, rather than baking, just so that I could rest this afternoon. Shocking, if you know me at all, but I'm glad that's what I did. It started at 7:00 and we didn't leave until 10:00. Tomorrow is going to stink because the kids will be tired and Tim's not going to be around at all, but for now I'm basking in the glow of an evening spent visiting with a ton of people I rarely get to talk to. It was a really nice night!

Since I know some (Dad) will ask where the pictures are of the boys singing, I'll tell you now that there aren't any. I tried to take some, but they didn't turn out. Such is life.

Time for bed.

2 comments:

becca said...

James was sitting next to me taking pictures - so hopefully you be able to grab some from the kids blog when he posts them :)

BETHANY said...

Becca - We've got that blog in my blog reader, so I'll definitely keep an eye out. I'm glad he was taking pictures!!