Monday, May 24, 2010

TWO FORMS OF SUGAR & A NOTE

Marshmallows - Last Wednesday night I was given a bag of marshmallows by my friend Sachi. However, these were no ordinary marshmallows. They were ginormous!! Check these puppies out. My bandaged, wrinkly, non-wedding-ring-wearing hand is there to give you a little perspective on size.


She said she thought of our marshmallow gun wars when she saw them and figured we'd need a marshmallow cannon for them. I think we'd also need paramedic standing by to give mouth-to-mouth to people who collapse from all the air spent on shooting them.

Note - Both of my boys have been on a big note writing kick lately, asking me all sorts of questions via pen and paper instead of using their mouths. I have no idea what prompted this phase, but the latest note cracked me up.

A few days ago I was a tad bit crabby. Part of it was because I was overwhelmed with all the stuff I needed to be accomplishing, but most of it was because I was completely and totally exhausted. That same day we also had leftover pie from the meal Silas cooked and a bit of ice cream in the freezer. I had commented earlier in the day that we may finish it off after dinner. Well, dinner was over and Silas wanted to know if any sugar was headed his way. He also knew that I was on the verge of a meltdown. This is the note he handed me. I love it.

.
.
Candy - I went to Brianne's baby shower yesterday afternoon. The people were great. The food was great. I survived the crafty portion. Definitely a great time.
There was one part, however, that was spectacular. You see, right in front of me was a little candy dish filled with pink balls. Curious about what they were, I popped one in my mouth and started chewing. Malt balls. That's what they were. I was happy. But wait? What's that flavor I detect? Strawberries!! Oh my word. I had no idea there were strawberry milkshake flavored Whoppers. They're wonderful. Simply wonderful. I think I'll have to buy some and secretly stash them away for days when I need a little morsel of sugary goodness.
.



8 comments:

Sharon said...

Sugar is always good and I think that note qualifies as a form of sugar. Although Silas probably doesn't want to be known as sweet.

Sharon

Traci said...

That note is hilarious! So did he get a big slice of pie??

Anonymous said...

that note is p.m.p funny.

~Kore

The Boehme (pronounced Bay-me) family said...

LOVE Silas' note! That is awesome. He is going to make a terrific husband someday! :)

Kelly said...

LOVE the note!

We have those same marshmallows at our store. They are ginormous! Allen wants to use them to make s'mores lol.

Anonymous said...

The note is adorable! And the marshmallows.... I want to see a marshmallow gun shoot that!

The Boggs Family said...

That note is a hoot!! That would have definitely made me smile in the mist of exhaustion!! ; )

Hook House said...

Hannah and I absolutely love the note - so cute!! The note alone destresses!