The menu consisted of enchiladas (he created the recipe), peas & corn (bags from the freezer), and a lemon pie (a recipe we found). It was all delicious!! I'll get the new recipes posted at some point this week at FOR THE LOVE OF GRUB, but for now I'll show you some pics of the chef and baker in action. Please excuse the horrible lighting.
Making a pie crust.
Baking a pie crust.
.
Assembling enchiladas.
.
.
Silas and the meal he prepared.
Silas' comment after seeing all the food, which happened to have a green and yellow color them, together on the table was "I think this is a meal the Ducks would like". Funny guy.
You can read his version of the evening right here.
7 comments:
This settles it - I'm stealing him!
He's too stinkin' precious!!!
Great job, Silas!!!! It all looks really yummy! Every young man should know how to cook :)
My girls started out in the kitchen really young, too, and both are terrific cooks now.
It's great that he's getting cooking skills at a young age. The days I spent baking with my mom are some of the best memories I have.
P.S. - Indeed we Ducks would like the green and yellow meal theme:)
I just love his heart to help in the kitchen. So great to be a thankful mama. :o)
He is so cute!! I would love to steal him too if he wants to come cook in my kitchen!! ; )
That's my nephew!!!!!!
Post a Comment