Sunday, May 30, 2010

I BLAME CHERI


Photo from On Second Scoop
.
Eight days ago I hosted a baby shower for Cheri. She's decorated her daughter's room in pink and brown, so we used those colors on the cake, plates, tablecloth, etc. I felt that it was my moral obligation, due to the color scheme, to buy color-coordinated ice cream too, so I stocked up on Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches. Perfect, don't you think?

Well, it turns out that everyone had gorged themselves on salads, rolls, cakes, and cupcakes, so only three sandwiches were eaten. Three out of twenty-four. And I ate one of them.

That means that for the last eight days I've been eating lots of ice cream sandwiches. A couple days ago I ate so many that my reflux started up again. Knowing that I wasn't dying of a heart attack, I chose to keep eating. It was definitely worth all the tightness in my chest.

I'm generally a compulsive eater, particularly with sweets, with no one to blame but myself. This time, however, I'm blaming Cheri. If she hadn't chosen to adopt a girl (because I'm positive she wouldn't have done a boy's room in brown and pink), then I wouldn't have been forced to compulsively eat all the Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches that have been in my freezer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Bethany - that is SO funny! Truth be told, I ate one of the three! LOL!

Kelly said...

I'd blame Cheri, too.

I'm also a compulsive eater. I don't have the metabolism for compulsive eating LOLOL! Although it's better than being a compulsive drinker or compulsive shopper, although I can also be the latter.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I always forget about things in the freezer. Maybe I should store more in there!

Unknown said...

Thank you Bethany and Cheri (whoever you are) for making me laugh. Yes, good ice cream is worth a little chest pain.

remedy for earache said...

thanks bethany its very funny