.
Let's start with the weather. The forecast was 80% chance of precipitation. The reality? Not a single drop of moisture fell from the sky.
.
Now let's talk about the time frame. People arrived at our house in Beaverton at 8:00 Saturday morning. Tim walked some of them over to my grandma's. A truck was loaded at each location. By 11:00 both trucks were completely unloaded in Wilsonville. That's right. Two homes with the belongings of six people were totally moved from Beaverton to Wilsonville in three hours. Amazing!
.
How about the Nomes-a-licious? She was going to hang out with Brianne and Rowen, but she came down with a cold. Not wanting to share the germs with a preggo and her toddler, we decided to just keep her with us. Well, I decided to. Tim, however, got all sneaky on me and asked Sachi, who had previously offered to help with the kids, to take her. So, she did. She picked her up at 8:00 and brought her back to us around 2:00. Not only that, but she brought me a bouquet when she dropped Naomi off.
.
The crew? I must confess I was a little embarrassed once I realized how many people were coming, as it seemed a bit excessive. However, having a big crew is what enabled us to bust the move out in record time and allowed those who had offered to stay all day get back to their homes and families around lunch time.
.
A big thanks to Charles and Sarah, Sarah's mom (I'm totally blanking on her name, but I'm sure that loading boxes was the highlight of her weekend visit), Steve, Matt, Mike S., Jay, Jered, Pam, Mike W. and Tiffany, the six offspring of Mike W. and Tiffany, Bobby, Eric, and my dad. That's twenty people, not counting Tim and I!! I think I got everyone, but if I left you out, then know I was grateful.
An extra thanks to Pam, who stayed at my grandma's for several hours and helped her get settled in while we were working at our own place. And an extra thanks to the guys who made sure all of our beds were set up before heading home. It was nice to know we could fall into bed, even if we were surrounded by boxes.
.
The next day? Naomi spent much of Saturday night hacking up a lung. So my dad, who had offered to come and help us move because his annual "come till the W garden in May" trip was no longer going to be possible, offered to be the one to skip church with her so that Tim and I could both go. Needless to say, Papa's youngest fan enjoyed having him all to herself for a couple hours.
.
Today? Carol came over with some homemade cookies and all the ingredients for a big pot of chicken noodle soup. She had everything chopped and ready to go. I just had to dump it in the pot. That was a total blessing, as I had to do my "beginning of the month" shopping trip tonight, a few days later than usual because of the move, and didn't feel like cooking. The soup was fabulous and cookies were even more fabulous.
The kid's rooms are put away. The kitchen and bathrooms are put away. The living room is just about finished. Our room is almost done. Our closet is filled with boxes that need to be dealt with. The back patio and storage closet are disastrous. No pictures or decorative things have been hung on walls. I do, however, have the perfect spot for my framed work of creative genius that I told you about a while ago.
I'll add one more thing in, just for the laugh. Have you ever said or written something that didn't come across the way you intended? Well, that happened to me. On Saturday night, after the move, I glanced at the label on a box and chuckled to myself. I knew what it meant, but it's not what it looked like. I mentioned it to my dad, who then let me know that the crew who loaded our house had also commented on the label. Lovely. Here's one of the boxes with the label in question.
.
.
Just for the record, the books in the boxes with this label aren't scandalous. They're just not children's books. Next time I think I'll just label these boxes "books" and leave the clarification of ownership to the kids' books. Lesson learned. Laughs given.
Oh, can't forget this. You can see my dad's pics of our stinkin' cute kids having fun at our new place right here.
5 comments:
LOL!!! Love the box label. Cracks me up. :-)
It was definitely a smooth move - nicely done!
And I'm sure Charles didn't see that box or I would have heard about it. :) Hilarious.
I thought of you this weekend and wondered how the move was going! What an awesome crew you had. The last two times we moved we had NO help on the unloading end and the next time we only had 4 people that only stayed for a little bit.
Hope your beauty is feeling better!
Glad it all went so well!!
When we moved, one of the movers labeled a box of baby stuff "baddy's room".
I hope you all feel better soon.
Post a Comment