Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SHOCKING CREATIVITY

I don't have a crafty bone in my body. My sister got all of those genes. So, I'm fairly proud of the idea that came to mind a couple months ago. I had an old frame that was in great condition, but it was empty and odd-shaped (it used to have space for three matted 5x7s in it). I decided that I would cut five Ws from colored poster board, then have each family member decorate one. So, that's what we did on New Year's Day. Here's how it turned out.
.
.
.
.
I love it! We'll probably do a new one each year on New Years Day, just because I love traditions.

Now, here's the proof that I'm not naturally gifted at this crafty stuff. The frame was supposed to be vertical, perfect for a specific spot on the wall, but I glued all the letters horizontally. Oops. So, now it's sitting out with no place to hang and not enough time left in this house to find a spot. I'm sure we'll find a great place to hang it after we move next month though!

5 comments:

Lawfrog said...

That is fantastic, what a great tradition! I'm not crafty either, wish I was.

Unknown said...

hm.... perhaps cut them out and glue them on a NEW piece of white background paper- vertically? :)

Mama in Uganda said...

Very creative indeed. I should post some of my homeschool/classroom crafts....I do believe Eryn does a better job than this mama.

The Moffits said...

I love it! Let me guess, The black one is yours?

BETHANY said...

Brianne - I know I know ... but that would have been more work and it wasn't *that* important to me. :)

Beep - Yep!