Nice alliterative title, huh?
Sunday - We headed to Chuck E. Cheese in Vancouver for the birthday party of one of our kids' pseudo-cousins. We had a nice time visiting and the kids had a blast playing games and scarfing pizza. I also had the best rainbow sherbet I've ever had. It was amazing. Oh my.
As a sidenote, pseudo-cousins are acquired when your father lives with another family for a chunk of his time in high school. The family he lives with becomes his pseudo-family and all future generations become pseudo-relatives.
Monday - Some friends were scheduled to join us for dinner, but cancelled at the last minute because one of them was sick. So, I posted an open invitation on Facebook for a couple people to fill their place. It didn't take too long for Brianne to give me a call and see if anyone had taken us up on the offer yet. She was the first responder, so her family headed over to our house. We had a great time eating and chatting with them!
Tuesday - The kids and I were due for a library trip, so we invited my grandma to come along. We loaded up our bags with books, then Granny treated us to Burger King before we headed home. Naomi, as usual, made sure she got to sit right next to Granny.
Wednesday - Today we're headed to the birthday party of one of the boys' buddies. They're looking forward to playing with friends and eating cake. I'm looking forward to chatting with the birthday boy's mom ... and, well, eating cake.
Tomorrow life will slow down a little and we'll spend some time hunkering down at home, but it's been a fun few days.
3 comments:
Sounds like a lovely week.
I love it! I have a "pseudo" family too, that's just what I've always called them. It's hard to explain to people that you're not really related but you are as close (if not closer) than some of your actual family members!!
What a nice week! Lots of fun... and Naomi so cute making sure she had the "good" spot next to Grandma
Post a Comment