Saturday, February 6, 2010

A WEEK IN REVIEW

I offended someone. However, I'm wiser, or at least more knowledgeable, from the experience.

Devon whined about his sore tooth. However, it fell out during a dinner and the Tooth Fairy paid him a visit that night.

I wrote Silas' all-nighter event, scheduled for 2/6, on the calendar for 2/13. However, someone mentioned it on Facebook Friday morning, I realized my mistake, and Silas didn't miss the event.

Naomi choked on a coin when no one was in the room. However, she ended up swallowing it instead of choking to death.

I missed Bible study on Wednesday because all my kids had colds. However, I got to relax while Tim was gone and the kids were in bed.

We didn't get our whole week of school completed this week. However, we're still ahead of schedule and I got some other projects taken care of.

I felt the pressure of moving. However, I was able to pack more boxes and give away some furniture we won't take with us.

My sink backed up on Wednesday morning and that's where we wash our dishes. However, Roto Rooter came today and worked their magic.

So, it's been a long week. I've been stressed. I've been discouraged. I'm exhausted.

However, my kids are all going to bed early tonight, our dishes will get washed, and I'll get to purge coupons (I'm nerdy enough to find that relaxing ... it's mindless work that makes me feel productive) while watching a library movie with Tim.
.
.
.
Rinsed dishes on the left, food-caked dishes on the right, nasty water backed up in the sink.
.
.
.
Tim snaking the pipes, which didn't do the job. Neither did hose pressure or two different types of liquid pipe cleaner.
.

.

The van of my dreams.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Sooooo glad you were finally able to get this situation taken care of! Nothing worse than clogged pipes :P

chaik said...

Woo hoo! I'd be ecstatic that the Roto Rooter man got there. And I'm so glad that Naomi swallowed the coin instead of choiking!!!
chaik (you know who I am!)

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear that you had a stressful week, however, I am glad you saw the silver lining! :)

Andrea said...

You're a great Momma Bethany...

Don't be hard on yourself for feelings that are natural...

No one is "on" all the time..

'cept maybe the Roto Rooter Man (wink)

Andrea

Lawfrog said...

A stressful week indeed! I'm glad you got a little relaxation time in on Wednesday. Here's hoping things are less stressful this week. By the way, I'm with you regarding sorting coupons being relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Did ya find the coin? :)

BETHANY said...

Cheri - No coin.

Chaik - No coin clogging. :)