Photo from Reader's DigestValentine's Day is just around the corner. It's not a day that's ever mattered much to me. I suppose that's a good thing, as Tim is almost always working a game that night. Our kids participate in a Valentine's swap with other kids who use Sonlight. So we decorate heart-shaped sugar cookies and open all the cards on Valentine's day, but Tim and I don't really do anything to celebrate.
.
However, there is one hugely positive thing about Valentine's Day. Candy hearts. Or conversation hearts. Whatever name you give them, I think they're wonderful. Cheery colors. Sweet flavor. Loving words. Friendly greetings. You just can't go wrong with that combo.
.
What do you think about candy hearts? February perfection or colored chalk? Classic Necco brand or a bag from another line of candy? Big and flat or small and thick? Loving, humorous, suggestive, or tech lingo ("text me") messages? Give me your thoughts!
4 comments:
chalk. give me some good old-fashioned chocolate any day.
I'm with Sarah. They're pretty, I like the cute messages, but PLEASE don't make me eat them unless they've been ground up and dipped in dark, dark, seductive chocolate!
I agree with the PPs. Unless they are the sour kind...like sweet-tarts. Those are pretty good. Have you seen the conversation cookie cutters from Williams Sonoma? Like giant conversation hearts, but they make cute, yummy cookies! Best part is you can change the letters around to say just about anything. Check them out!
I'll be the lone holdout and say that I LOVE the candy hearts! So cute and so much fun to eat.
Post a Comment