Saturday, January 10, 2009

FEELING RELAXED

I've had a really great couple days.

Friday morning was spent playing and doing school, then we delivered a dinner for our church's meal ministry. Back home to wrap up school and eat some lunch. After naps we picked up Granny and brought her over for dinner. She, being the SkipBo champion, smoked Silas, who is getting pretty good himself. Then we all pigged out on Mexican casserole, veggies, and cornbread. A little more visiting, then we took Granny home.

Oops. Forgot to mention Tim left on Friday afternoon for a men's retreat through our church.

Anyway, the kids and I got back home and ate some dump cake. So good!! Then they all went down for bed and I cleaned my room. It was a mess after a week of me being sick and trying to play catch up on life. All the "I'll deal with it later" things were piled in our room. Once that was tidied up I took a long, scalding hot shower and got into jammies. Clean and comfy, I popped in Thou Shalt Laugh and relaxed while working on a blanket I'm crocheting for Naomi. And, no, I don't crochet. However, each kid gets one simple blanket from me. They just keep taking longer to finish with each consecutive child. Then I ate a little more dump cake and hit the sack.

This morning I got to just hang out with the kids. No big "to do" list to work on. It was great. After naps we headed to Camas for a birthday party where we did lots of visiting (me), playing (the kiddos) and eating pizza, cake, and ice cream. Good times!

Tim was back by the time we got home and we're all just relaxing right now. He's playing the guitar, the kids are hanging with him, and I'm on the computer doing my shopping lists for tomorrow morning.

It's been nice. I needed some downtime.

No comments: