Tuesday, September 16, 2008

YOU SHOULD BE PROUD

If you've known me for at least ten minutes, then you know I can be wound a little tightly, that I'm an obsessive box checker and list maker, and that I can't relax until my "to do" list is done. Well, I stretched myself this weekend. Really stretched myself. I didn't accomplish a single thing on my "to do" list and didn't make a dent in the disaster area that I call our bedroom. The only duties I took care of were my Grocery Game shopping on Sunday morning and posting Webshots on Sunday night. That's it.

So, you want to know what my weekend looked like? It was Family Fun Weekend at our house! On Saturday morning we headed down the road to watch the Beaverton Celebration Parade. The boys scored a ton of candy, we enjoyed several marching bands, and the weather was beautiful. We'll definitely go again next year!


Saturday evening we headed to Chapman Elementary School with Becky & Brandon to watch thousands of swifts roost in an old chimney. The adults relaxed, Naomi played and snuggled, and the boys spent 1 1/2 hours sledding down a hill on cardboard with a bunch of other kids.


Sunday morning was spent at church, then I took a nap after lunch. That's right. I, Bethany, person who can't nap unless she's preggo (I'm not), sick (I'm not), or completely exhausted (I was) slept for over two hours. When I woke it was time for Weathersby Water Wars. Last year it was boys (3) against girls (1 who was hugely preggo). Devon's not a big fan of the water wars, so he officiates from the sidelines and plays with water on his own. Naomi napped through the whole thing. Tim, Silas, and I all took turns on teams - boys against girl, parents against child, everyone against Tim. We were all pretty soaked!

As a sidenote, I love this last photo. We were all supposed to look serious and tough. Devon thought he was pretty funny for sneaking a smile into the picture. This picture just captures his little personality so well!

So, are you proud?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOOOO want to sled down a hill on cardboard. That rocks. Kudos to you for having a fabulous weekend, minus the box checks! I love your updates...see ya soon! Tam

Jessica Rae said...

I am so proud! I'm glad you explained this last picture, because it looks more like you just looked at the clock and realized you'd blown your weekend on spontaneous fun and now everyone is going to pay for it...Tim and Silas both grasping the gravity of the situation, whereas Devon's thinking something more like "Yes, we got her!"

The Moffits said...

You're such a cool family.

AshlandFive said...

What a great weekend! These are the times to remember, huh? Those pics are so great!!!

Hook House said...

Love the family time! Love the family pics! :o)

Mama in Uganda said...

You all are great! Why to be a light as you love one another as a family.

Mama in Uganda said...

It meant to read, "Way to be a light." Just to clarify :)

Rachelle said...

I am so proud of you! As another list maker I can feel for you doing nothing!

The Frechette's said...

Great job Bethany!! I'm a "to do list" kind of girl too and sometimes it's hard for me to just go with the flow! You inspire me! Looks like the result was lots of fun!!!

perkyguy said...

Good job! What are you guys doing this weekend?

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun!! I especially love your last photo with Devon's sneaky grin :) I looked at your webshots photo from last year's water wars too, and the boys look so much older in this year's photo. They grow so fast!

Ashley

BETHANY said...

Jess-
You're a smarty pants.

Dad-
We're getting some stuff done around the house, then Tim and I are going on a date.

All you other box checking, list making girls -
Take a weekend off and plan some fun stuff to do. Preferably free stuff. :)