* Always hopes
* Always perseveres
* Always trusts
* Does not boast
* Does not delight in evil
* Does not envy
* Does not keep a record of wrongs
* Is as strong as death
* Is kind
* Is not easily angered
* Is not proud
* Is not rude
* Is not self-seeking
* Is patient
* Is priceless
* Is unquenchable
* Is sincere
* Never fails
* Protects
* Rejoices with truth
I've been spending a lot of time reading about love lately. I certainly have some room for growth!!! Obviously our humanity will keep us from ever perfecting this whole list, but it would do us all well to continually work at showing more of this kind of love. My prayer lately has been that God would change my heart to one of love, one where this list is the norm, not the exception, in describing me. I am too focused on justice, being heard and understood, and having things be "right". Those things aren't inherently bad and I don't necessarily set out with an intentional focus on them. But it's hard to be patient when you want things to be right, to not be easily angered when I'm focused on my feelings, or to not keep a record of wrongs when I want justice.
This list came from Song of Songs 8:6-7, Romans 12:9, and I Corinthians 13:4-8.
3 comments:
Just what I needed to hear!!!!
Thank you!!!!!
We've been trying to explain to Ally lately why, now that we have the law of love, we don't need all the other commandments. She doesn't get it....but I do!! I'm so glad that even though I'll never get this whole list down perfectly here on earth, GOD DID, and I get to be on the receiving end of His love list!!!
Beautiful. Lovely. Thanks for sharing. I love how thought provoking and honest your postings are...(PS: I'll take those Bic markers if they're up for grabs. Lol.) Tammy
Post a Comment