OK, here goes ... banana crumb muffins, sausage balls, fruit salad or fruit smoothies. I love having breakfast for dinner anyway, but this is a fantastic combination. I recommend making the muffins first. While they bake, make the sausage balls. Cover the muffins when they finish baking and pop the balls in the oven. While they bake, set the table and prepare the fruit salad or smoothies. Then feed your face!!!!
BANANA CRUMB MUFFINS
Laura Bodine
Laura Bodine
1 ½ c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
½ t. salt
3 bananas, mashed
¾ c. sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/3 c. brown sugar, packed
2 T. flour
1/8 t. cinnamon
1 T. butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease or line 10 muffin cups. Mix flour, soda, powder, and salt. In separate bowl mix bananas, sugar, egg, and butter. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into cups. In third bowl mix brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until coarse. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Notes: You could add jam to these, but they have so much butter already and are super tasty eaten plain, straight out of the oven.
SAUSAGE BALLS
Louise – Sonlight Forums
Louise – Sonlight Forums
1 lb. sausage
2 c. Bisquick
3 c. grated cheddar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients and shape into 1-inch balls. Bake for 15 minutes.
Notes: These are good plain or dipped in syrup.
3 comments:
oooh easy and yummy (sounding) I'll have to try that! What do you serve this with? Sause? Veggies? In spaghetti?
The sausage balls? I served them with muffins and fruit (salad or smoothies). It's breakfast food!!
My children would *love* those sausage balls! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
(PS--I arrived here from the Sonlight forums after seeing that delicious ice cream cookie! :-)
www.restorationplace.typepad.com
Post a Comment