Tuesday, April 22, 2008

IRONY .... AND STRATEGY

I realized today that my most recent advertising post came right after the one on overspending. Ironic. You know what though? Good money management isn't about not spending, but about spending wisely.

So, in light of the juxtaposition of those two posts I'll give you a little tip. Plan ahead!! Don't bust out the Visa in mid-December for Christmas purchases. Don't dip into savings to cover the month filled with baby showers and birthday parties. Plan ahead!! Budget a portion of your money each month for gifts. Then stay in your budget. Buy items on clearance after Christmas. Watch for sales all year long. Support individuals through purchasing handmade gifts. Look on Freecycle and Craigslist for gifts. Buy when you see something you can use as a gift at a price you can afford, then save it for the appropriate time to give it to someone. Plan ahead!! Birthdays, mother's day, father's day, Christmas, baby showers, weddings and numerous other gift giving occasions happen all year. Be prepared!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just have to say you are an inspiration to me, and I am blessed by your blogging! :)