Friday, April 11, 2008

LINKS I LIKE #1

I've decided to copy Jess and occasionally give a list of links that I like for one reason or another.

Earth's Birthday - We bought caterpillars from this site and were able to watch the transformation into butterflies, eventually releasing them in our front yard. They have a bunch of other products and activities on their site.

Holidays for Everyday - Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? Or that today is Barbershop Quartet Day? This site has every holiday you could imagine. It's perfect for finding some random fun in an otherwise boring day. I think I'll have to make more ice cream sandwiches on the 30th to celebrate National Oatmeal Cookie Day.

Children of God for Life - When it comes to medical decisions, I think it's important for people to know what they are doing and why they are doing it. One specific area that I think too many people blindly follow whatever their doctor has told them to do is vaccinations. They don't understand the diseases they are vaccinating for or what the vaccines are made of. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not anti-medical establishment. Not at all. I love our pediatrician and he's very pro-vaccination. I just want people to make educated medical decisions. This site lets you know which vaccinations are derived from the cell lines of aborted babies and if there are ethical alternatives. Do your research and make the decision that is best for your family, which may not be the best for the next family on the block.

Tim Hawkins - I keep seeing clips from this guy everywhere lately! Some of them are pretty stinkin' funny. He has stuff on corporations taking over churches, Christianese, homeschoolers, and a bunch of other stuff. As you watch the stuff on youtube you'll see more of his stuff on the right.

My Bargain Buddy - If you scroll to the bottom of this site you'll find freebies. I've scored samples of toiletries to let guests or our family use and snacks that I'd never buy because they're ridiculously overpriced.

Water 4 Gas - I was recently shown this site by someone who has converted their vehicles. Very interesting, financially and environmentally.


Ok, I think that's it for today. The boys just got up from naps and I need to go invest my treasure in them.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On that medical note, I'm reading a book that came out this year "Our daily meds" about the pharmaceutical companies and their marketing practices. May be of interest to you... Wish I had a good pediatrician here ):
Maryanne G.

The Moffits said...

We now live in a country where we regularly see people die of Tuberculosis and polio. Thank God we live in a country where we don't live in fear of those any more!! And... my favorite sight - http://www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com/

BETHANY said...

Beep-

I just learned how many 5yo I could take in a fight. Ten. How many could you take?