And what I’ve discovered is that thoughts running wild will lead to emotions running wild. And when emotions are left unchecked, life gets heavy really fast.
~ Heather Aardema in Rising with a New Routine at No Sidebar
*****
I made that decision in anger. It was the biggest mistake of my life.
~ Geoffrey Rush as Michael Kingley in Storm Boy
~ Geoffrey Rush as Michael Kingley in Storm Boy
*****
"I want to be rich."
"That's not a goal; it's a result."
~ Baotian Li as Grandfather and Xin Yi Yang as Ren Xing in The Nightingale
"That's not a goal; it's a result."
~ Baotian Li as Grandfather and Xin Yi Yang as Ren Xing in The Nightingale
*****
This is what I know. In the deepest, blackest night of despair, if you can get just one pinhole of light ... all of grace rushes in.
~ Tim Ferris quoting Auburn Sandstrom in The Story of a Curious Phone Call at The Tim Ferriss Show
~ Tim Ferris quoting Auburn Sandstrom in The Story of a Curious Phone Call at The Tim Ferriss Show
*****
Most people get married believing a myth, that marriage is a beautiful box full of all the things they have longed for - companionship, intimacy, friendship.
The truth is that marriage, at the start, is an empty box. You must put something in before you can take anything out. There is no love in marriage; love is in people, and people put it into marriage. There is no romance in marriage; people have to infuse it into their marriages.
A couple must learn the art and form the habit of giving, loving, serving, praising - keeping the box full. If you take out more than you put in, the box will be empty.
~ Dr. J. Allan Peterson
*****
** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **
No comments:
Post a Comment