Our Thanksgiving was the same as it always is, which means it was good. Tim and the kids headed out for our church's Turkey Bowl and Powder Puff games to play, watch, and officiate. No pictures of Tyler, who went for the first time, or Naomi, but they both enjoyed watching the games. Devon participated for the first time, Silas played for the third time, and Tim officiated for the gazillionth time.
Photo credit for game photos: Sheri Ober
While they were gone, I enjoyed a quiet morning to myself. Most of the time was spent prepping food, but it was nice to be alone for a while.
It was also nice to head out for an afternoon and evening with my bonus in-laws, the family we've spent every Thanksgiving with since before Tim and I were married.
All eight cousins on this branch of our family tree get along well and they're all stair-stepped in age, but Naomi and Grace are buddies in a way the others aren't. It's sweet.
They made cute place markers. Again. Because they're awesome like that.
All the cousins, with Silas as the oldest and Tyler as the youngest.
We were down one person this year, you can't see the people in the back very well, and I'm not in the picture because I thought it was more important for Linda, who planned on taking it, to be in the picture than for me to be, but this picture makes me smile. Tim and I each have a family we love, but this bonus family is icing on the cake!







No comments:
Post a Comment