Monday, December 16, 2019

SUNDAY FUN

Sunday was a good day. That morning I saw two people walk onto the platform from backstage just before church started. I recognized Ben and Noelle Kilgore instantly and smiled. Our church frequently sings two of their songs, both of which usually make me cry, so I assumed they were there to lead worship. Sure enough, along with some Christmas songs, they led us in singing Grace, Grace and He Made Me, He Loves Me, both of which they sing on A Resting Place. The lyrics aren't any more meaningful when the people who penned them lead the singing than when folks from our church do or when I sing them on my own at home, but it was neat to have them join our congregation for the weekend.

With the exception of Silas, our family only attends the first Sunday service, but Tim was asked to help at the second one. That allowed Devon and Naomi to sit in for the second service, as they volunteered during the first, and Tyler went to class two services in a row. I, on the other hand, took advantage of having to stay extra long by hunkering down in my car to get through a few more chapters of The Ragamuffin Gospel, a book I'm reading.

Once church was done, Naomi and I got to stay and join a group of people on some Christmas projects. Candles were prepped for Christmas Eve services and decorations were made for the kids' classrooms.


By decorations, I mean I did a craft. Picture proof that I stretched my comfort zone.


And here's picture proof of why inviting me to do crafts is a little bit risky. Evidently making everything point the same way is too challenging. 



I had fun despite my ineptitude, though! The group split to work on these three different 3D snowflakes, which turned out really cute.

Later in the evening our family all met up at church again for An Athey Creek Christmas, our church's Christmas concert and cookie extravaganza, and snapped a picture of the 6 Ws and Kit, one of the bonus Ws, before we headed home.



Less than six hours of sleep, fourteen hours at church, a doughnut for breakfast because I forgot to grab real food as I left for church, pizza for lunch while all made snowflakes, cookies for dinner because I'd never left church, frustrated by one W and hurt by another (made worse by being tired, I'm sure) meant I was pretty fried by the time I got home. I walked straight to my room, got ready for bed without even saying goodnight to anyone, and fell asleep immediately, which never happens. Such a long day. But such a fun day!

** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **

No comments: